VP Information Systems/CIO
Financial Services, Professional Services
World class, major new system development and implementation for global corporations
Early career with major global consulting firm
, rising from Programmer
to Engagement Manager,
leading significant technology and re-engineering programs for major US and global banking clients. Recruited by client, a global financial services firm
, as Vice President
to champion and manage ground-breaking, world class, major new system developments. Most recently, lead consultant with professional services firm.
- As a consultant, retained by major beverage corporation in senior executive support role to manage strategic architecture programs, and to support the transition of the North American operations to a shared services model and to offshore support – reducing staffing by 1,000 and driving $300 million in annual cost-savings;
- Previously, as Vice President with global financial services firm, led teams of up to 150 and managed annual budgets of some $60 million. Highlights include:
- Developed leading-edge Web-based applications, tools and online products including brokerage, banking and financial services Website Hub with client and advisor self-servicing capabilities;
- Conceptualized, championed, gained C-level approval, and led the development of the largest single investment ($100 million) for the company at that time;
- Championed and led the implementation of portfolio-based operations support - to optimize system performance and reduce costs;
- Championed and gained management buy-in to a move to systems-oriented architecture to reduce costs/improve efficiency;
- A leading advocate within the corporation for the off-shoring of systems development – establishing a template for the successful management of remote support operations.
- Early career with leading consulting firm, earning multiple promotions to become Engagement Manager on major $10 million + assignments for largely banking/financial services clients.
Education + Affiliations
BS, Information Systems
CIO/CTO with a fast moving company where IT is an integral part of the company's competitive strategy
Please note that the names of companies have been withheld from these samples - Company names are included in the profiles contained in the password protected area of the site, unless there is a particular concern regarding client confidentiality.
financial services, professional services, diversified