President and CEO
Electronics, Semiconductor, Minerals, Strategy Consulting
High growth/turnaround USA/UK - public + private companies - up to $250 million
CEO of successful public company turnarounds in UK and USA – former member of three public company boards. Doubled the sales of a US based electronics business - generating record profits, and pioneered development of new technology products to establish dominant market leadership. Prior experience as public company CFO and strategy consulting.
- As President and CEO, doubled the sales of a solid state lighting business to $60 million and generated record profits in just three years. Pioneered the development of new technology products for new global markets – launched 24 new products in 6 months – to create dominant market position.
- As President and CEO, led the successful turnaround of a $50 million multi-location publicly traded minerals/minerals processing business that had lost $19 million in 16 months and, within three years, returned the business to profit and positive cash flow - refinanced the business having reduced debt by over $20 million.
- As President (Group Managing Director), reorganized a $20 million sales former world leader in advanced measurement systems that was in steep sales decline – introduced first new products in over 20 years, pioneering the introduction of new materials – to double sales. Also, founded US subsidiary – generating positive cash flow in just 4 months and winning major supply contracts with GM.
- As President (Group Managing Director) promoted from CFO after 6 months – to take control of loss-making London Stock Exchange listed conglomerate with sales revenues of some $200 million and 18 subsidiaries, all of which were losing money – sold 10 businesses in 20 weeks to substantially reduce debt, closed another business and returned all the remaining units to profit and sustainable growth.
- Previously, Senior Management Consultant with a major international practice, focused exclusively on corporate strategy and turnaround assignments
Education + Affiliations
Chartered Management Accountant
£200,000 - £350,000
USA and UK
Please note that the names of companies have been withheld from these samples - Company names are included in the profiles contained in the password protected area of the site, unless there is a particular concern regarding client confidentiality.
electronics, semiconductor, minerals, diversified, strategy consulting